Saturday, February 2, 2013

A lil Update and My Response To A Young Fibro!!

So I have been MIA lately.  Things are always crazy but life is great.  I wouldn't change my life for anything.  I am doing well health wise.  Maria is doing well and our little princess Alayna is doing just fine.  Minus our earlier journey this week with Alayna.  I will post about that soon. 

So what have I been doing with all my social media time???  Well I have found a site that I really really like. It is very similar to Cystic Life.  Thanks Ronnie for pioneering this site its a great place for all of us.  But I have been on this site called CF Connect.  I LOVE it.  As some of you may recall my new years thing was to help and give back to as many people as I could.  I have found that this site is allowing me to do just that.  I LOVE to give hopefully some good advice to fibros and cysters in our community.  My goal is to make a difference in people's lives so hopefully I have done that with maybe some of you on here as well!  Here is a response I have left a young Fibro.  Please let me know what you think of it!!!

Here is his question..............
Hey I just joined this sight and I feel really lonely right now with my life style from cf. I was wondering what other people do to feel like u have a regular life. I'm 15 and I freshman in high school






Here is my first response..................
Hey NAME

Welcome to this site! You will find many individuals like yourself on here. I hope you can make some really cool new friends on here.

But this disease can be scary and lonely. When you find places like this it really helps deal with this because you can find people who can relate to you.

I am a fibro myself 27 years old and I have been in your shoes before. We all can have a “normal” life with this disease. I know we have to do our treatments, go to the doctor often, maybe have a stay in the hospital etc. but that’s what makes us CFers one of the strongest people. WE have dedication and determination everyday we get out of bed (well at least I do). I want you to find something in your life that will motivate you and get you focused everyday. That can be your friends, your family, a girlfriend, or YOUR FUTURE!!!! So every time you get out of bed or go to the doctor or exercise focus on these things. I do this everyday I get out of bed. It really helps me get motivated and stay focused on what I need to do to be not just around for my family but HERE for my family.

You are about to embark on a really exciting and challenging time in your life. Being in high school you will be challenged to stay focused on your health. I want you to put your health first before anything else. The reason I am saying this NAMEis because the decisions you are about to make will effect your future for years to come. That is why I want you to find something or someone that will motivate you to no end.

I understand there will be times you will miss your treatment or not feel your best on certain days. We are all human and I expect this to occur for you. But it is at times like this how we react to these obstacles of missing a treatment or not feeling our best health wise. If you miss a treatment make sure you make it up as soon as you can. Do not put yourself in the hole by missing one and missing another my friend. The only way to stay on top of this disease is to stay focused and one step ahead all the time.

Sorry this is such a long reply NAME but I wanted to share with you my thoughts and my own experience. Keep a positive attitude and KEEP FIGHTING. I know you will have many dreams come true in your life.

I have a blog detailing my life living my dreams with CF. I hope you will find something to inspire you in there. If you ever want to chat let me know.

 
His Response back to me...................
Ya I know thanks it just I can't find anything to motivate me
 
 
Here is my second response..................
 
I want to understand a little more about you what you may be experiencing as far as what is holding you back in life. Please send me a message on here. I will friend you on this site so we can chat. But until then I have some tips for you. I hope that these things will help you NAME!
I am going to reminisce when I was a 15 year old man like you!! So I found the love of my life at an early age in my wife at around this age. I had built in motivation already with her but you do not have to have a girlfriend to motivate you to get yourself out of bed and put your best foot forward. Here is my advice for you.
As a young man myself back at the age of 15, I wanted to stay as healthy as possible because I had big DREAMS and aspirations before I met the love of my life. I knew I wanted to attend college, find a career, marry the woman of my dreams, and start a family one day. I know at such a young age these thoughts may not be occurring for you but let me tell you this, if they are these are the biggest motivators you can have. Also, if you have not had these DREAMS yet I know you will someday. So this will set goals for your future years and you have to put your health first in order to achieve any of these.
 
If you are involved in school activities this will also motivate you to put your best foot forward. For instance, you might want to play on your high school football team, basketball team, soccer team, or even what they called back in my day parks and rec sports (same thing but not on the high school team). In order to be a part of any of these teams you have to stay motivated to be as healthy as you can. Plus being a part of team sport or activity (maybe choir, speech and debate, band, orchestra etc.) it will motivate you everyday to get your treatment in and stay as healthy as possible. You will not want to miss out on being a part of your friends if you have skipped treatments and find your self in the hospital. So being a part of any these activities will motivate you because you have a sense of belonging in your life a reason to fight everyday to put your best foot forward. These times in high school only happen once in your life so make the most of it and get involved and make some friendships that will last a life time.
 
Also I mentioned friendships. I think that friends can and should motivate you to stay healthy. If you have never talked about CF with any of your friends this may be a time to think about it. I know you may think well they may think differently of me but let me tell you a lot of people who are truly your friends will motivate you to put your best foot forward. So I want you to discuss CF with someone you can trust this should be your best friend or someone you can trust maybe a school guidance counselor. They will most likely ask you about this disease and how it impacts you NAME. This will allow you to have someone to talk with beside your family members of what your life is like living with this. I know you will find someone who can understand you in person. I hope they will motivate you everyday to put your best foot forward.
 
So I have given you some food for thought. Ultimately its up to you to find a DREAM a motivator in your life to make you feel like life is worth living. I know there are plenty out there. Just reach down deep and find it. I am living proof of this NAME that DREAMS do come true.
I hope that this has helped you somewhat. Please let me know NAME. Message me anytime I love to talk about this.
KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT NAME!


So I hope I have helped this young man in some way!!!

We have exchanged some messages and it seems like I am helping this young man :)


I hope you are all having a great weekend!! I promise I will be back on here again soon posting!

















No comments:

Post a Comment