Monday, June 3, 2013

A Month Full of Thankfulness & Gratefulness - May


Every month, I will be challenging myself to create a post of what I am thankful and grateful for in life. This will allow me to reflect on all the POSITIVE that is happening in my life. As we all know you get nowhere when you focus on the negatives in life. Here is the month of May........

·         At the end of May Maria and I escaped from the house. Yes, this basically was are first night out minus Alayna. We have been without her before but never for more than 2 or 3 hours. This night we were gone for over 6 hours at the Tim McGraw concert. I think we really enjoyed people watching this time at the concert. There were so many strange people walking around. Maria and I both missed Alayna and I think Maria went through the photos on my phone at least 3 times looking at Alayna. There are plenty of photos on my phone well over 1,000. Ok, I know I am obsessed but what can I say. She is my little girl! After all the rain and mud at the concert we had a great time spending quality time with each other. Nothing like courting the one you love!!

·         I was thankful this month to take a few days off of work to spend some quality time with Maria and Alayna. It is very hard to be at work all day long waiting to drive home and see my girls. Even though we didn't make it to Canada like we planned we still had a blast. In fact during my stay at home we had some very exciting thing happen to us. I will write about this in a future post.

·         Alayna celebrated her 7 month birthday in the month of May. She is continuing to grow and change in front of our eyes. Time is going by so fast. She will be crawling soon I know it Here is Alayna's 7 month post.

·         Our Great Strides walk took place this month. This year, my team raised the most money we have ever raised for a walk which was $1,695. I am so grateful to have walked with Maria, my mom, and a few friends this year. If you have ever donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, I am so thankful to you. The light is getting a lot closer to finding a real medical break through for this disease. We wouldn't be this close if it wasn't for all the generous donations through the years. THANK YOU for helping add tomorrow's to my life and everyone who is impacted by this disease!

·         May marks my 6th year at my employer. I have been there ever since I have graduated college. I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to work full time. If it was not for my employeers health care plan Maria and I would not have had the benefit of going through our pregnancy journey. Many and most insurers do not cover any fertility treatments but my employer decided to cover fertility treatments for infertile individuals. This was beyond a blessing. I am so thankful to be working every day and I have not missed a single day due to CF (minus my gal bladder surgery)! I know there are others in this community who would love to work full time but with the demands of this disease it isn't possible. For some people with CF this is their full time job and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

·         I am thankful that a cyster Megan and her husband David received the birth of their miracle little girl in May. Sydney is so adorable!! Megan and David went through fertility procedures just like Maria and I and WE are so happy everything worked out for the two of them. All the blood sweat and tears are so worth it! Congrats to the both of you and I love seeing pictures of Sydney. Here is Megan's blogsite if you would like to read their exciting story.

·         May has been another month of 100% compliance for me, Woo hoo!!! Since starting this monthly thankfulness back in February I have not missed a single airway treatment. I have had 4 full months or 120 days of tracked airway clearance and I have been 100% compliant! I am so motivated to keep myself as healthy as possible for my family. I know they want me to be around for years and so do I!!!!!!!

We all have something to be thankful for so.....................what are you thankful for today?




 

At Tim McGraw!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment