Thursday, November 8, 2012

C section aftermath continues...........and Doctor Appointments

Tomorrow is going to be a BIG day in our household.  The aftermath of c section continues for Maria which is really unfortunate.  Before Maria had her c section they placed one of those AWFUL foley catheters.  I have never experienced one but I guess people call it the necessary evil.  For some people, who have these placed they can develop infections or can even cause damage to the bladder.  Well it looks like Maria has something going on from the foley catheter they placed 3 weeks ago which is unfortunate.  She has had a few tests to see if there is a urinary tract infection but the tests come back negative.  The tests do however state that there is blood in her urine : (  So it is now time to go to the urologist to see if they can help solve the problem.  Before making her appointment she talked with a nurse at the urologist and Maria described what was going on and the nurse informed her if something is damaged you will have to have surgery!!!  REALLY, another surgery?!?!?   Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers on Friday!  I hope that she does not have to experience another surgery anytime soon.  

As for me, I will be heading up to my CF clinic once Maria’s appointment is done for my check up.  I still need to get my flu shot so hopefully I can accomplish that tomorrow.  I am scheduled for a pulmonary function test (PFT) and I am hoping the results of that show that I am maintaining my lung function at least at my baseline levels. It is always a mental battle for me during a PFT.  

If you recall, from a few prior posts, I have been on bacterium to tame down a cough I developed while at the hospital.  It seems to have worked and I am not experiencing increased cough or chest tightness. Since the election is over, I will be asking my doctor about the impacts of Obamacare on the CF community as well.  I always love talking to him and hearing his viewpoints on things.  Anyone talk to their CF clinic about the possible impacts of Obamacare????

Anyway, we are hoping that we have two good doctor’s appointments tomorrow!!! I will update everyone over the weekend.  Enjoy the weekend everyone!!



I just love those eyes of yours Alayna!!!


2 comments:

  1. I think mental battle is the perfect way to describe the pre-PFT jitters. I faced that today, and I hate it! I wonder how much better we would do if we could not worry about it! I hope that your PFTs show at least baseline for you! I know how it is to worry about it. I hope the flu shot isn't too hard for you either. This year was a pretty easy one for me... no real side effects.

    I am definitely keeping you all in my prayers, and I'm eager to hear what happens at the doctor's tomorrow. Good luck to all of you, and I'm so hoping there doesn't need to be any more surgeries!!

    Also, your daughter is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!She looks like a little Gerber baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan! The good ole PFT isn't it wonderful!!! Yes, I guess Alayna could be a Gerber baby she is gorgeous. Maybe all the nurses are right they kept telling us she could be a baby model when she was born!

    ReplyDelete