Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pregnancy: Final Trimester Week 37

Another week down as we get closer and closer to the big day. Here is the weekly update!  IT’S OFFICIAL LESS THAN A MONTH TO GO, 21 DAYS!!!!! UNBELIEVEABLE IS ALL I CAN SAY!  

But before I get to the weekly update our family is going through a stressful time right now so keep us in your thoughts and prayers I would appreciate it.  We have a sick dog that has been very painful and may have what is called pancreatitis.  We hope that it is only pancreatitis and not a disc problem that we experienced 2 years ago. I will blog about this one day because our dog is truly one miracle.  

Also my brother is having some medical tests done in the coming days and we are keeping our fingers crossed that everything turns out fine!!
How far along:  We are currently in week 37.  As of today, we have 21 days to go! She is going to be here very soon.  Almost any day now!  Maria and I hope now that Alayna stays in there as long as possible. We want to get our dog back to health and see the family improve before Alayna makes her entrance.  I know it is the worst possible time to go through a crisis with the dog and my brother’s health but it is what it is.  
 How big:  Depending upon which baby app I reference…..She now weighs 6.5 lbs and  19 inches from head to toe. She is almost to my guess of 20 inches.

Developments and Milestones:  If Alayna were to be born now, she would be considered full term.  Yippee!!

In preparation for life outside the womb, Alayna continues to practice breathing, moving around, sucking her thumb and blinking.  Alayna is practicing her movement as well.  She will move from one side of Maria to the opposite.  

Many babies will come out with a full head of hair at birth, with lengths of ½ inch to 1 ½ inches long.  WARNING do not be surprised if Alayna comes out with a different color hair than ours.  Maria has brown hair and I have Black with a little silver mixed in.  I assume she will have dark hair but I guess we will not know until she is here.  But on our 36 week ultrasound they said she has a lot of hair!!!

Interesting fact for everyone Alayna’s head will, at birth, be the same size circumference as her hips, abdomen, and shoulders.  This in fact is why men could never ever have a baby!!
What Mom and Dad Notice:   Alayna continues to move and the movement is very low these days.  She has been kicking Maria’s bladder and laying on Maria’s back.  So guess what John gets to do……….back rubs through the night.  I have even given a back rub at 4 am.  Not only is Maria not sleeping I am not sleeping as well.  I guess this is practice for the real thing. 

Alayna’s movement has been very noticeable these past few weeks.  You can see her move from one side of Maria’s belly to the next.  We can also feel her bone structure very well.  We are still not sure what we are feeling though.  Soon we will be able to feel these bone structures when she arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment