Monday, October 1, 2012

Alayna's Bedroom Finally!!

I promised I would upload some photos of Alayna's bedroom a few weeks back so I am finally getting around to it.  Life has been very busy lately.

First lets start talking about painting her room.  Yes, that was a major project just painting.  I found out through Alayna's bedroom that I hate painting.  There is no way I could make painting a career or let alone find enjoyment in.  The main reason is I have a trait called perfection!!! This really is my worst nightmare.  I think I inherited this trait from my Dad.  But anyway, I honestly painted a few of the walls four times.   A wall had to be painted at least a minimum of two times to cover the previous color though.  One of the paint cains caused the paint to bubble on one of the walls which required me to sand out the entire wall.  The other walls had paint streaks from the rolller.  Like I said perfection.  But many people probably would have said the walls were fine.  

Maria and I debated for a few days how we wanted to paint the room.  Should we do an accent wall or just paint the entire room one color?  Well after many paint swatches and buying test paint cans we decided on painting the wall where the crib will be placed the accent wall.  I know a big step in the room was completed.  We were nervous to do an accent wall as we are not the most decorative people or risk takers when it comes to home interior decorating.  But I have to say the paint colors we chose and the accent wall look amazing.  Lets just hope Alayna likes the colors!!!

The theme of her room is butterflies. Maria and I both wanted a theme that she could use for more than just a few years and I think we found a great theme!!!  Every single wall has some form of butterflies.  The wall that the crib is on has her name spelled out above her crib.  Maria spent a lot of time painting the letters and adding a stencil design to each of them.  We both think the name turned out awesome.  The other three walls have butterflies hung.  We did an array of five mirrored butterflies above her dresser.  Yes I made sure they will not fall down on her head as Alayna will be changed beneath them.  Another wall has three butterflies that are purple and pink and match the color of room.  The last wall has two butterflies that are purple that look amazing when you wallk into the room.  Even the ceiling fan has pull strings that have butterflies on them.  Alayna I hope you love butterflies!!

We are both so glad that we finished her room and we cannot wait till little Alayna is here with us at home!!! Enjoy the pictures below.

So what do you think of her room??









 

6 comments:

  1. Oh it's just so darn cute! I am in love with that deeper purple color for the accent wall. And the mirrored butterflies are really neat. I'm sure Alayna will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! We are so glad the accent wall turned out. We were very nervous about actually painting an accent wall.

      Delete
  2. I love the room!! Kaylee's room is all butterflies too so I love the theme :) The letters are adorable and the mirror butterflies are really cool! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inhaling Hope! Maria had the idea of a butterfly themed room and I loved it as well. I hope that you and your family are doing well!!

      Delete
  3. That looks awesome John! Her name looks incredible! Looks like it's a sticker, not painted on. Very nicley done sir! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy thanks for stopping by!!! Maria did an awesome job on Alayna's name. There was no way I was painting anymore after painting the room.

      We are very excited to see our little miracle.

      Delete