Monday, August 11, 2014

Seven Year Wedding Anniversary

The lucky 7!! Where did these past 7 years of wedding bliss go? It’s crazy to think that 7 years have already come and gone but not without some fantastic memories that we have made.  I will always remember that day August 11, 2007.  It was a beautiful HOT day unlike what we are having today!

I felt like it was another ordinary day.  Some may ask why would you feel like it’s just another day? Well I guess when you are about to marry the woman you call your best friend, your soul mate, and life partner why would you have any nerves on that day? Honestly, I did have some nerves but it had nothing to do with making the best decision of my life in marrying Maria.  I just didn’t want to mess up any part of the ceremony.

I can say I actually did mess up during the ceremony. I don’t think anyone will ever recall this nor was it ever made a big deal during the ceremony as the preacher was a class act.  So my mess up was when Maria’s father walked her down the aisle and I was supposed to wait until the preacher said something about Maria’s father presenting her etc. I will be first to admit I forgot all about this as I was the groom who was crying his eyes out! I couldn’t help it! There is just something about marrying the woman of your dreams. I reached out shook my now father in law’s hand and gave him a hug.  On went the ceremony and no one said a single peep about it.

The only person who did say a word was Maria when we were at the wedding reception.  She told me you know you forgot to let my dad present me at the alter? I said oopps! She told me it’s OK, everything was PERFECT!! That is one reason why I LOVE my wife.  She just goes with the flow and is just a low key lady!

Even after seven years of marriage, I can say that we are definitely still enjoying being the couple we have been all the way back when we started dating.  Maria and I have been high school sweethearts dating way back in Sophomore year.  That now makes for almost 14 years of being together! That is almost half of our life we have been together.  I know it sounds like a really long time to be with someone that long but in all honesty every day, every week, every month, and every year go by so unbelievably fast.  

I can say that I married my best friend and my soul mate!  I blogged this same quote a year ago and still holds true……“It doesn’t matter where you go in life, what you do…….it’s who you have beside you.”  I truly could not imagine a day without you Maria. You have always been in my corner and have given me so much strength in life that no one else could have.  You have provided so much inspiration and a reason to never give up on our dreams.  I could not ask for anything more in life than to have you by my side.   I am proud to call you my best friend, my soul mate, my wife, and the mother to our miracle daughter.  

So here is to another year creating more memories.  



I LOVE YOU!!  









1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete