Thursday, August 7, 2014

Happy 30th Birthday Maria!!!

Today, it’s the end of a decade for you Maria! HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY to my better half!

I have been lucky enough to be with you for well over a decade now.  Writing that sounds like it has been FOREVER but all I can say is the time has gone faster than I could imagine.  I am sure you feel the same as you decided to keep me in your life ;)

In the last decade, we have done basically everything together.  We graduated college together.  After college we were married.  We bought our first house.  We have went on some fun vacations and made some awesome memories.  Our journey to creating our family is one I don’t think either of us would have ever dreamed of.  Alayna made us a family and I know we couldn’t be happier with her in our life.   We sold our first house and moved to our dream home. Yep, in all honesty we could live in this house, forever!   

We have had some bumps in the road especially when it came time for us to have a family. But there is a saying that goes something like this “You were given this life because you were strong enough to handle it!” I have said it many times but you have shown me what it means to be that much more of a fighter. Though what seemed to be all monumental odds to climb never once did you say I am done fighting for what we both wanted and that was a family.  I don’t know what anyone else would have done in your/our situation but I can tell you you’re one hell of a determined fighter.  Your determination and never accepting a defeat is something I admire every day!

I can tell you, my life has been made easier because of you.  You are one of the most selfless individuals I know always putting others before your own needs.  You have continually shown how much you truly care for our daughter and me.  I cannot say enough how you motivate me to put my best foot forward every single day!  I look forward to the many more decades we will have celebrating birthdays, making more memories, and most of all being right next to you through it all!

Here is to more decades together!!

Happy birthday to my best friend, my wife, and my soul mate!!


Love you! 



















3 comments:

  1. Love you John Always and Forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, we had a CF Roundtable board meeting and we are looking for male parents to write for our new column about CF parenting. I thought you might be interested and/or know other males that might be as well. Can you please friend me via FB and let me know if you are interested? Thanks so much, Stephanie Rath :) P.S. glad to hear life is treating you so well!

    ReplyDelete