Friday, April 18, 2014

Alayna 18 Month Post

Well here we are...yesterday made it 18 months in the book for you Alayna.  It’s crazy to start to think that 18 months ago you gave us the best gift when you took your first ever breath.  Life from then on has been really rewarding and also very different.  Just the other day while watching you play mommy said to me isn’t it just amazing to have you in our life.  I said it is beyond amazing!!  One day you will hear about the true miracle you are and how hard we worked to have you in our life.


So what has happened this past month in your life?  Well let’s start off with daddy’s blunder and something I will probably hear the rest of my life.  We took you to the store and I thought you made a dirty diaper.  I carried you to the car and on the way out of the store you started crying because mommy was still in the store.  As we made our way to the doorway you stuck out your arm and grabbed a hold of the side of door.  I didn’t realize this and just kept carrying you on out. Then you really started to cry.  You let go of the door and we made it to the car.  I checked your diaper and low and behold the diaper was completely clean.  You didn’t stop crying until we got back into the store. 

On our way back home you slept in the car seat and then continued your nap in our bed.   You awoke from your nap and you still were not yourself.  Eating and even playing with a tv remote or cell phone was something that seemed awful to you.  We started to notice you didn’t want to use your arm.  I then told mommy what happened in the door jam.  I was in big trouble for not telling what happened to your arm.  I didn’t think twice about why you were crying.  I just thought you were upset because mommy was in the store.  I told mommy and she said oh great maybe it’s broken.  Well that did it and off you went to the emergency room. 



The doctor came into the room and asked what happened and felt your arm.  He popped your elbow back in place.  Yes, your elbow came out of place and it’s very common.  I do not recommend picking any child up by their arms as the doctor said this is how many elbows and shoulders are displaced!  I guess this is something that you can throw in my face one day! : )

So in other news, we took you a little early to your 18 month checkup.  You continue to amaze us with how big you are.  Sometimes when we look at you we think you are well over the age of 2.  We just cannot believe how tall you are.  You now are 34 inches tall which puts you in the 97th percentile.  Your weight is 24 pounds and 7 ounces which puts you in the 50th percentile.   I guess we still have a giant on our hands.  You are well over half the height of your mommy.  Just remember though no matter how tall you get we are still the boss!!



You seem to be doing a lot better with eating solid foods and drinking some liquids.  If we do give you meat like steak or chicken you really do not care to eat it.  You will put it in your mouth then spit it out once you realize the texture is not to your liking.  Yes, you still eat a lot of baby food and it has been a true chore lately as you do not want to sit in your highchair.  You would rather sit in our adult chairs or stand I should say.  We still are feeding you but you do eat with your hands and pretend to drink from a cup or water bottle.  Speaking of water you still have trouble swallowing water.  I think you are just still trying to figure out the whole swallowing technique!

Alayna you have a personality that is like no other.  I don’t know where you get this from!  You will now copy some things you see on t.v.  Your vocabulary is really strong.  You repeat words we say.  In fact, you can sing along to the entire Barney I LOVE YOU song.  Twinkle twinkle little star you can complete a few of the actual words before they are even sung.  But by far your favorite things to say is Hi Daddy Hi Mommy!!! You say those one liners 50 times a day. That truly is the greatest thing I have ever heard you say.  There is nothing like hearing you say HI Daddy when I am at work or bye bye.   Anyway,  I think we are going to have our hands full.  Oh wait we already do!

The next time I say 18 you will be 18 years old.  Just to think that is crazy!! Well its almost time for Easter this coming Sunday.  I am sure you will be spoiled beyond belief : )


WE LOVE YOU Alayna! 














No comments:

Post a Comment