Thursday, January 2, 2014

Alayna 14.5 Months & Christmas Wrap Up

Well here I go again, not keeping up with your monthly posts Alayna.  Shame on your daddy!!! I have to admit that I have been a little behind on the blog front as your mommy and I have been beyond busy living our life with you.  As I have said in many of these posts you have really completed our dreams.  We are just living them with you now every day.  I promise to keep up with the monthly updates for you because I know when you are in your teenage years you will be glad I did this for you.  Well I guess that is my own opinion anyway.

You are now 14.5 months!  Uhm where has time gone………….STOP, you are growing up way to fast.  As for the monthly developments, you are now more talkative than ever.  I guess I should say you are spitting out words not developing sentences yet.  This past month, your new favorite word has been HO! Every time you see Santa Clause whether its in person, on an ornament, or even your grandpa’s beard you just say HO! It really is beyond adorable. I think you are a very wise girl already. 
You already love Barney but I think you know like another tv character.  Ever since mommy recorded Elmo’s Christmas you have been in love with Elmo.  I think you really enjoy this episode as it is full of dancing and music and we all know how much you love to dance.  You really know how to change your dance moves to the beat of the music which is hilarious.  The Elmo episode has also added another word to your vocabulary.  When you see Elmo on tv you will say “Melmo”!  Haha.  A smart kid you are again.  Not only are you saying HO and Melmo you now say dog and the dog’s name, Mia. 

The personality you are developing is fun to watch.  When you see noodles or certain foods you will say “MMMMMmmmmmm” It’s funny you recognize certain things and associate them with food and tasting good.  Then you will have tantrums where all of a sudden you get really angry while we hold you and you decide to use your fist and hit mommy and me in the face.  Oh, if we have our glasses on our face forget it.  You try to rip them off and smash them in your hands!!
Most of this tantrum stuff is explained though. The last few days you have been teething and those molars are poking through your gums.  I guess that would give you a reason for being cranky, angry, and mad.  Amen for Tylenol though.  That really seems to do the trick for you. 

Last week, we celebrated another Christmas with you. The magic of Christmas has been instilled in our family again.  We made a gingerbread house with your niece Kendal.  You are still a little to young to understand what to do but you did place a few pieces of candy on the house.  I think Kendal really enjoyed it! Next year you will get the hang of it more.  It was fun to see and will become a yearly tradition I am sure. 

Another tradition in this house is sugar cookies.  As you get older you will see how fantastic of a cook and baker your mom is.  Maybe you will pick up this skill.  I wouldn’t mind having 2 wonderful cooks in the house.  Daddy can cook some but not to the standard that mommy does.  Anyway, mommy made the homemade sugar cookies and we all decorated them.  You loved eating the icing off the cookie or our finger.  We kept hearing you say “MMMmmm”  When we were all done decorating them we gave you a few bites of the decorated snowman and you were on cloud 9!
Then came Christmas morning! You brought the magic of Christmas back into our house.  It was a lot of fun watching you get all excited with the presents and the wrapping paper.  In fact, one of your favorite gifts from Santa was Billy Beats.  Billy Beats is a piano that has blocks and dances when you press buttons.  But you found this gift a few days early as Santa didn’t hide the presents to well in the house.  Haha.  I guess santa needs to find a better place as you get older.  We all had a fantastic Christmas and I have to say you are beyond a little spoiled girl. 

Every day you continue to amaze us! You continue to learn more and more and show us how truly blessed we are as a family.  I will end this post on this note………Last night, you and daddy played hide and seek for the first time.  I should say it was more of daddy hiding and you trying to find me in the various bedrooms.  You loved it!! It’s the small things like this that I truly will cherish for years.  I never knew if I would be able to have all these joys in my life.  I cannot say it enough but Alayna you truly have motivated me to do anything I can to be here on this planet for as long as I can.  One day I will explain all of this to you. 
WE LOVE YOU!   


















No comments:

Post a Comment