Wednesday, December 4, 2013

November Thankfulness Post Thanksgiving!


It’s been a while since I have been back on the blogging band wagon.  That’s because life has been beyond busy in our household.  Well I am jumping back on the wagon now.  As the month of November flew by I never got to post my monthly thankfulness.  I have not always been posting a monthly thankfulness but I never once go through a day without feeling grateful.  So without my further babble here is my list.  I narrowed it down to 7 because I know not everyone would want to read a book.

#1 & #2 are a tie. Any guesses????????????
 

1.)    Our miracle Alayna

What can I say…….Alayna just is an amazing human being.  Before we had Alayna in our life I always wondered what it would be like to be a dad.  I honestly didn’t know if that day would ever come but I refused to let that detour my thinking of making my dream come true.  I can tell you this that there is nothing in this entire world that compares to being a dad.  There will be no other title like the one “dad”.  I love coming home from work and seeing Alayna run to me with the biggest smile.  In her eyes, I can do no wrong to her. Well I know that will change in the years ahead when I tell her there will be no dating until she is eighteen. 

I just love the fact that both Maria and I get to watch a part of us grow up.  Alayna enriches our life more than any item or amount of money ever could.  She provides us with non stop entertainment and non stop activity.  Another thing that I love about Alayna is how Maria tells me often that Alayna is a spitting image of me.  When I see pictures of myself as a baby she is my double. I am of course extremely proud of that. 

Alayna has provided me another reason to get out of bed in the morning to continue my fight every day.  I am more determined than ever before to see a FUTURE with her and to see every one of her milestones.  The determination that you provide me Alayna, is beyond PRICELESS.  


2.)    My wife Maria

As I said about Alayna……..Maria you are another amazing human being.  My wife is my best friend and my soul mate.  There is no one else I would want by my side every day to motivate me to be a better person.  She understands me, she thinks like me, and more than anything in this world she cares about me. 

Just like Alayna, Maria has provided me another reason to get out of bed every morning and stay compliant with my health.  Maria has shown me what it means to take personal responsibility for your own health.  This past year was another bumpy road in her health with battling elevated liver enzymes.  I am so proud you took it upon yourself to never give up and continue fighting for an answer.  You said numerous times that you were not going to give up fighting for an answers because you want nothing more to be here for Alayna and me.  This goes to show that if you are willing to fight that hard that I need to just as well because we are in this together. 
 

Maria, as I have told you many times before I am beyond blessed and thankful to have you in my life.  I LOVE YOU!
 

3.)    Compliance

If you have not been reading or following my posts on facebook or blogger this may come as a shock but I have been compliant with all my airway treatments, nebs, and pills for over 302 days now.  I started keeping track on 2/1/2013! I am almost to that 12 month mark and I really have my eyes on that 2/1/2014 date.   The other day I was asked what have I done different to make myself so compliant these past 300 days. Well for me I was always about 97-98% compliant when it came to my CF regimen.  But I knew that wasn’t going to cut it if I want to be on this planet to see many more of my dreams come true.  The two individuals in the previous #1 & #2 spot on my list are why I am so beyond nuts when it comes to compliance.  I will be here on this planet to witness Alayna attend her first day at school, graduate high school, get married, and even be a grandfather one day right along Maria’s side. Now do you see why I am so compliant???
 

4.)    Family

Maria and I both value our bonds with our family. We live very close to all of our family which makes it easier to get together for holidays and birthdays. The holidays are meant to be spent with the ones you love and we love our family. They have been there for us through everything. We are very blessed and thankful to have them in our life.  I’m glad we made it to both Thanksgiving’s this year and Alayna was a trooper : )
 

5.)    Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

Last year the CFF made it on my list as well.  As I have said before, if it truly wasn’t for the CFF and people who care enough to donate to finding a cure for this disease I wouldn’t be living the awesome life I am today.  I know soon in my head I will have that magical little blue lighting pill.  It may happen this coming year.  I will see what I can do to make that happen.  But I want to thank everyone who has ever donated to the CFF because you are not only helping me but thousands of others in this country who are battling day in and day out with CF.
 

6.)    Organ donation

 I am beyond thankful that there are people willing to give the greatest gift by being an organ donor.  That is one of the most unselfish acts anyone can do. Even though I have a genetic disease I am thankful to be an organ donor. You can donate just about any part of your body.  In the CF community there are way to many people waiting for a second shot at life.  It’s a reality that many of us will have to face someday to be placed on the waiting list.  I am just thankful that there is a way to extend our life if we need that gift.  If you are not an organ donor what are you waiting for?
 

7.)    Social Media

Before I ever had my blog site I truly wondered how others were dealing with this disease.  I am so thankful that we all have a way to communicate with one another.  One thing that I truly love is blogging about my life and other CF related topics. For all of you out there who read my blogs and enjoy reading my life I commend you! : ) If it wasn’t for you I guess there really would be no point in me blogging. 
 

I love this CF social media community and it has really opened up my eyes of how my fellow CFers live their life. Having this disease isn’t much fun but when you read and follow other people’s journey you know you are not alone. I have met through social media some of the nicest people I have ever met who are similar to me in one way or another

 
I know this post is post Thanksgiving so I hope you have had an enjoyable holiday with your friends and family.  Just remember that being thankful is just not something we should do once a year it should be a daily event : )







 
Making stuffing with mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi John,

    Love your blog! I'm having trouble finding your contact information though. Congrats on your baby girl. I wanted to see if you might be interested in reviewing Sticky Icky Booger Bugs by Sherry Frith?

    Sticky Icky Booger Bugs is a new picture book that helps children ages 0 – 7 understand cystic fibrosis. Sherry Frith wrote Sticky Icky Booger Bugs after her sons, Kory and Kevin, were diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, a genetic disease in which mucus clogs the lungs and prevents food from being digested. She wanted to explain aspects of the disorder using words and helpful illustrations they could understand.

    Sticky Icky Booger Bugs is the tale of a boy’s battle with cystic fibrosis as he attempts to avoid the hospital. The main character is Kory, who is just like any other kid. He loves recess, playing soccer, and exploring his neighborhood with his best friend. The book shows how with every puff, cough, and sneeze, Kory keeps the sticky icky booger bugs away so he can have fun every day.

    Sticky Icky Booger Bugs was published by Archway on July 26, 2013 and is available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sticky-Icky-Booger-Sherry-Frith/dp/148080083X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1375730020&sr=1-1

    Let me know if you would like a complimentary copy of the book, have any questions, or need additional information.

    Best Regards,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete